Tuesday, May 11, 2010

90210 vs Glee

Ever since the holidays started, i have nothing else to do but sit home and rot so i ended up watching the tv series 90210. I have to say, when i started to watch it it was pretty good, had quite a good laugh with it, thanks to Kim Mei (in a good way ^^) who brought her com to college and we had nothing to do, so we ended up watching the first 2 episodes together, and we laughed like a couple of bimbos over there, hahahaha XD

90210, as most of you would have known, is about a bunch of rich high school kids, how they go through their life, their ups and downs, friendship, love, family, etc.

Well, as I was saying, the series started off pretty good, but when it got to the middle, it kind of lost it's touch...... Maybe just for me, cause I found the storyline a little complicated, they change boyfriends and girlfriends as if they're changing clothes, even if they're in a relationship they can go round finding other guys/girls, one minute they're bffs, next they're arch enemies, then they're bffs again @~@ spare my poor mind.......

Hahaha, well, I guess what else would you expect to get from Beverly Hills?? All the rich and famous lives there, it's quite predictable what you'll be getting out of this series, but I guess I'm just the old fashioned one, living in the past, can't imagine myself living in their shoes..... But maybe if I was brought up there, who knows....

However, I have to say that this series has a whole bunch of good looking guys and girls, even the father/principle is hot!! I mean, how many fathers in real life can manage to maintain such good body??? And even the grandmother is not so bad after all (makes me wonder what if my grandma was like that XD) So, if you're looking forward to seeing some hot actor/actresses, this is definitely the series for you.

Another series that I have been watching is Glee. This one, also bout high school life, but with a touch of musical in it, where characters sing what they want to say. Don't get me wrong, it's not for the entire series, but spreaded out.

For this series, I'll have to say it's good, great if you are looking for a good laugh ^^ Though in a way, there's also all the relationship complications and all, but the way they do it is in a more subtle manner, where it is more for comedy purposes, though it's still serious once in awhile, but you don't feel heavy when you watch the series (if you get what I mean, I don't really know how to put it in words)

Hmmmm, but though it's a good series, I just don't get the hype over it. Some people go crazy over it, everything is about Glee~~ (that is why I watched the series though XD). I still remember when it just came out, everywhere I go is Glee O.o!! even my cousin's are talking bout it (what on earth....), and after watching it, I'll have to say it is really awesome, but if it wasn't being hyped all over, it will just be another series...... I don't know, personal taste I guess.

Glee reminds me of High School Musical as well, where you get all the singing and dancing as you watch (something like bollywood movies XD) They have songs for everything, even songs for losing your virginity!!! O.O I was laughing like mad when I heard it, haha. Sometimes it just makes me wonder, how did they know that all this songs exist? Where the lyrics telly perfectly with what the characters wants to say, then I realise that they're in the entertainment industry, they know every single song in the book. =P

Nonetheless, both series are still a good watch, I personally prefer Glee, but I don't have the latest episodes T.T (Kaartig~~ =D)

0 comments:

Post a Comment