Friday, October 2, 2009

Monash Ball : Vogue

I followed my brother to the Monash Ball, as my brother's table had an extra seat, and also since my KBU prom was held in March, a month before I entered college, so I didn't have the chance to go, and worst of all, it was on my birthday!!!! =.= So, while i was celebrating my birthday, all my Fellow KBU mates were enjoying they're ball at 1 world hotel.......

Me with make up, can't really see though.....

The Monash Ball was held in Sunway Hotel, and also on the same day the black eyed peas had they're concert. So, as you can predict, jam...... But it wasn't that bad, still managed to find parking, haha.

The ball was suppose to start at 7pm, but we reached there around 8pm, and even so, many had not arrived yet (Malaysian timing.....)

When we went to the ballroom, there was a long line waiting to enter, but my bro and his friends knew some people from the committee, so....... eheheh. The performance already started when we entered the ballroom, and we had to walk through god knows how many tables just to find ours, and we weren't quite sure which was it also, they only knew part of the number =S

The theme of the ball was Vogue, and they simulated a red carpet photography session as well, but you have to pay RM5 for a picture though......

Programme Schedule:
7.15 Doors Open
7.50 VIP entrance
8.00 Opening-Light Show & Diplomats of Drum
8.20 Emcee Introduction
8.30 Speech
8.50 Comedian-Andrew Netto
9.10 Main Course
9.30 Mr & Ms Monash
10.00 Lucky Draw
10.20 Announcement of Mr & Ms Monash Results
10.30 Opening of Dance Floor
10.50 Performance-Esther (One in a Million)
11.10 Performance-Reshmonu
11.30 DJ
12.00 End

Comments:
Food:
Not too bad, but not good either. I'm not so picky with food so I just eat as long as the taste is still edible. As for those picky eaters, think they'll be complaining the whole way.....
First dish, can't remember what's the name, but I didn't like it.....

Wanton soup (a chinese dish out of nowhere) tasted fine

Main course, spring chicken, not too bad

Performance:
We got Henry Golding and Sarah Lian as our host. Really cool!!!!!

Andrew Netto was really cool, jokes were lame, but funny, hahaha, had a really good laugh.

Reshmonu was the star of the night, quite an enjoyable performance as well. And best of all, I got a picture with him!!!!!


Atmosphere:
Nice, something like the typical prom decorations, similar to wedding, but I guess you can't really run that far when it comes to prom decorations.....

There were around 80 tables or so i think.....

Some shots during the ball:

My bro and I

Classmates

Our table

After the ball ended, we headed over to MOS as our ball tickets were entitled to get free entry. Hehe, happy~~~ finally get to go to MOS ^^

The music was really loud, I couldn't hear properly when I came out from there. Place was not bad, pretty dark though, and the lights were flickering so it was quite hard to see properly, maybe I'm just not used to it, eheheh. But the best part is, no smoking!!!! ahahahaha, at least I won't smell like smoke when I come out of there.

Went mamak after that for a drink, and finally went home at round 3am..... tired gila......

0 comments:

Post a Comment