Thursday, July 15, 2010

Inner Thoughts #3: Changes

Time changes, place changes, life changes, and so does people......

Everyone around me are constantly changing, may it be appearance, personality, maturity, lifestyle, they're all changing. For better or for worst? I don't really know......

There is not an individual who could remain as who they are forever, we all know that, but there will be something about a person that people would remember them for, may it be the way they speak or the way they move, those graceful fluid movements or their klutziness where they would walk into everything even if it's not in their paths. There is definitely something. But would those memories be strong enough for the closure to remain, or would it slowly fade away along with the rest, bringing everything back to square one, bringing everyone back to the moment of unknown.

Some people change for the better, some for the worst. But which ever way they head, the space in between is getting further and further, the space which at one point, was so near that I could feel the end brushing on my skin, but now, barely even in sight.

I used to think that I know people so well, people that I could pour my heart out to, people that would be there, people that would stay. But I was wrong.......

I've learned a lot recently, learned that people are just, well, people. You think you know them but you don't, they change. One minute you're best of friends, next minute you're arch enemies. Someone that you once loved so dearly in your heart may just fade away with time, and you would eventually come to realise that the person you thought you love does not mean so much to you anymore.

People always tell us to look forward, the past is already the past, it's gone, there is nothing much we could do about it, so work for the future. But I couldn't help looking back, I missed it so much..... It isn't because it was the time I triumph, definitely not. I was always low profiled, never the popular one, never really accomplished anything. It was because those were the times where friends were just friends, without the complications. If I say I like you, I really do, no catch. We shared the laughter, tears, glory, failure, everything. But as we grow up, all we could do is look back and say 'those were the times'. Never will we encounter such moments anymore......

I used to have great friends, I had fun, and I enjoyed it. But after sometime, things aren't as simple as I thought. People left, everyone started changing, problems started arising. There were complications, politics, disagreements, back-stabbing. And as people dealt with these problems, they change. They become more mature, responsible, wiser, cautious. They become someone I no longer know........

People that were once so friendly, has now become a person I no longer recognize. People whose company I used to enjoy, has now turned into an awkward moment of silence. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they've turned bad, I'm just saying that I do not know them as well anymore.

However, there are still people out there whom I know, people whom will always be there for me, people whom I trust, and I really appreciate it, so please, don't change.....

I really do not know how things would end up to be, but I just hope that people would always remember, we will never truly be happy if we can't be who we are. If changes are made based on what we really want, then go for it. Do not ever change yourself just because others told you so, or because everyone around are likewise. Never ever let power and status blind you, always be truthful to yourself. We only have a shot at life.

You are who you are, remember that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment