Definition: refers to a portrait that exaggerates or distorts the essence of a person or thing to create an easily identifiable visual likeness.
Something that we were dreading to do especially after attempting a portrait of ourselves the week before with an end result of a portrait that did not look anything like ourselves, and now we're expected to EXAGGERATE and DISTORT our features to create a caricature.
Before starting, everything seemed complicated, distorting grids, following the proportions...... how on earth are we suppose to do that?? Well, there's only one answer, patients........
It wasn't as bad as we thought, a whole lot easier that the portraiture drawing, as it was suppose to look cartoonish, but at the same time resembles ourselves...... I think I pretty much failed the second part.
After the drawing, comes the colour rendering, an even more dreadful task, especially having an example in our class that looks more like a printed piece of art work than a hand drawn, hand coloured work.
Just to colour one part, for example, the shirt, we had to use a minimum of 4 colours and above (it’s not a must, but if you want to get good effects, that’s what you have to do…..) some parts even went up to 6 to 7 colours (never in my life have I coloured like that, normally I’ll just use 1 colour for each part) The whole point of the excess use of colours was to make it look as rich as possible, creating different tones on the art work.
Starting to colour was a nightmare, no one dared start with the face, all of us tackled the outfits first. I started on my shirt, and I had no idea how was it supposed to be done, so, main tembak, everything goes….. But thankfully, it wasn’t a complete failure.
Surprisingly, this colouring thing was pretty addictive. The more you colour, the more addicted you get to it. I couldn’t stop even after class ended, after I went home, and even the next day!!!! But it’s done already, finally…… Though it’s addictive, it’s not something that I want to do everyday, really time consuming.
Does the outfit look familiar??? Yea, it's Kim Possible XD everyone in class said that my head looks like her, all of them came over and shouted 'Ei, Kim Possible!!!! Looks like her wei!!!Wee Vien, you copy is it??' and i was 'huh??? O.o' so, since they said it looks like her, might as well then. There you have it, Wee Vien Possible!!!!
P.S. I'm not much of an artist, can't draw properly, so if it's not really nice, pardon me yarr =P But i think it's not that bad gua, hehehe~~~
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment